Aero, super-wide, incredibly-lightweight. Designed specifically for disc braking from the ground-up the 30CAD leaves rim brake wheels in the dark ages!
£999 Pair | £99 Deposit pre-order option, refundable.
Don't miss out: Pre-order now for June Week 2 delivery
Our wheels are in high demand due to their unique superior specifications and excellent reviews. Please be aware that we are working hard to meet demand. Our production time is 4 months hence unfortunately sales often outstrip supply, so please order now to avoid disappointment.
Reserve your wheels now. Use the drop-down menu above to choose the deposit option. We'll contact you when the wheels arrive for balance payment. Please enter your phone number in the checkout. Pre-ordered wheels will be held in stock for 7 days after the above delivery date, after which point, any orders not fully paid will be made available to other customers. Deposit is fully refundable if you change your mind prior to dispatch or up to 7 days after delivery, subject to product return.
Stretch the gaps and burn the legs of your riding compatriots with incredible fast riding and ultimate climbing performance. The 27mm rim width opens out your tyre profile providing exceptional grip, low rolling-resistance. The U-profile rim serves up great handling and reduces drag across multiple wind yaw-angles. The straight pull hubs and bladed spokes reduce weight, add strength and respond instantly to your accelerations. We’ve even upgraded to LU/LB bearings which are low-friction sealed on the internal face to further reduce rolling resistance and increase your speed whilst maintaining excellent sealing on the exposed faces. The latest breed of tubeless tyres give-up nothing in weight to their clincher counterparts, as well as removing the tube for weight saving and reducing rolling resistance, so tubeless-ready was essential. Go on scare the climbers with your discs!
Looking for a wheel for putting the long miles down in winter, heading off road, with a higher 115kg rider weight limit, or for riding regularly in the wettest conditions? Have you considered our 30Carbon Gravel Disc wheels - click here to view? They feature larger bearings, extra bearing shielding and double sealing for extra long life in the worst conditions yet remain incredibly light and feature the same fast aero spokes and rim.
30Carbon Aero Disc Wheels on Road.cc
Featured in ProCycling Magazine WISH LIST Section
road.cc first look at the HUNT Carbon Disc wheels and video discussing carbon disc brake rim technology
Rims | Unidirectional T24/30 with 3K weave re-enforced spoke holes. Disc specific. Tubeless-ready for lower weight & rolling resistance, featuring H-lock bead-seat for easy and secure tubeless installation. 30mm deep, Super-wide 27mm aero U-profile.
Tyres | Wide 21mm rim bed creates a broad tyre profile, suitable for tyres from 25mm up to 50c. Not included.
Hubs | Race Season Disc straight-pull super-light alloy. Steel spline insert protects cassette body. QR w/adaptable axles; front & rear thru 9 10 12 15. C/lock disc mount, 6bolt disc adaptors included. SRAM XD Driver available.
Spokes | 24F/24R Pillar PSRXTRA Aero straight pull
Nipples | 16mm alloy double square with washers.
QR | Hunt 4Season Internal Cam for high torque tightening, secure fitting with low dirt ingress. Stainless steel springs.
Included | QRs, Tubeless tape & valves, spare spokes, spoke key, 12mm front adaptor (other adaptors sold separately), pair of 6 bolt disc adps.
Weight | 1338g (rims, hubs spokes and nipples)
Schwalbe One Pro Tubeless Road Tyres 23, 25 or 28mm can be fitted for £99. SRP per pair is £134, we fit them and include the sealant saving you the effort and £25. If you would like tyres fitting please add them to your basket and we ensure they are fitted prior to dispatch. Please CLICK HERE to see our range of tyres.
Disc specific high-performance rim technology that will deliver you to the finish every time. A strong and super-lightweight rim featuring unidirectional T24/30 carbon fibre with 3K weave re-enforced spoke holes. The seriously wide aero-rounded profile delivers excellent handling and speed. The evolution of disc brake specific construction has allowed massive weight savings over equivalent rim brake-rims. The removal of braking forces on the rim allows a strong but very light rim to be designed that can focus on it's primary roles of supporting the tyre and spoke forces. The 30Carbon Aero Disc specific rim's smooth rounded disc specific side wall also looks stunning of course. The rim dimensions are seriously wide at 27mm (21mm internal) which creates a great tyre profile with wider 23-50mm tyres, giving excellent grip and lower rolling resistance.
V:Absorbe resin reduces vibration and massively improves impact resistance. Disc brake rims are obviously not required to handle the high temperatures induced by prolonged rim braking. We have made the most of this and used our new V:Absorbe resin blend in the carbon pre-preg which cures at a lower temperature. Lower temperature resins are less brittle meaning they have greater resistance to impacts and dampen vibration more effectively.
H-Lock tubeless-ready rim bed profile. H-Lock is our tubeless-ready rim bed profile with up-kicks to the shoulders of the tubeless steps which help to create a great rim-well seal for first installation and easy sealing of tubeless tyres. The H-Lock profile also locks the beads in place more securely once seated. This is especially important when running lower pressures off road.
Spokes are a very important part of the equation and we have gone to town choosing the top-of-the-range Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement (PSR) XTRA models. These butted blade aero spokes are lighter but also provide a greater degree of elasticity to maintain spoke tensions longer and add fatigue resistance. PSR spokes featured the 2.2 width at the spoke head providing more material in this high stress area. As well as the standard square body we chose nipples with a hex head so you can achieve precise tensioning. Combining these components well is key and all Hunt wheels are hand-built and then tensioned by craftspeople who work in pairs to check and finish each other’s work.
Bearings are the heart of any wheel and investing in them makes huge sense. We use high-grade precision smooth rolling sealed cartridge bearings this wheelset even has three of the rear hub bearings upgraded to LU/LB seals which are low-friction sealed on the internal bearing face to further reduce rolling resistance and increase your speed whilst maintaining excellent sealing on the exposed faces. Durability is a theme for Hunt wheels as time and money you spend fixing is time and money you can’t spend riding or upgrading your bikes. As a result all our freehub bodies have Steel Spline Insert re-enforcements to provide excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
Things are changing fast in the road and CX disc market so we have adaptability built-in. Hunt Disc wheels are seriously future-proof. The front hub axle is QR as standard but some road disc bikes are now moving to thru axle forks so Hunt Disc Wheels have 12mm adaptors included with thru 9 and 15mm available separately. Plus the rear hub can be adapted to 12-135/142. Disc fitment is also a potential head ache for riders. As Shimano hydraulic brakes, with their impressive ice-tech rotors, are appearing on many new bikes, we wanted riders to have the option so we went even more adaptable with centre-lock hubs and 6 bolt adaptors included.
At Hunt we enjoy the puncture resistance and grip benefits of tubeless on our every-day rides so we wanted to allow you the same option, but of course all our tubeless-ready wheels are also designed to work perfectly with most clincher tyres and inner tubes.
Internal cam quick-release skewers provide a secure fitting ideal for handling the forces from disc braking and they prevent dirt ingress to the cam faces keeping them smooth even in the poorest conditions. And of course, we went the whole hog and upgraded the QR springs to stainless steel so they don’t rust.
The consequence of the fanatical attention to detail is an outstandingly light 1338 gram wheelset weight. We can't promise you'll be the next Quintana but you will seriously notice the climbing and acceleration prowess, don't tell your ride mates the secret!
60 Day Ride & Return Period. We are certain you'll be impressed by the acceleration, low-weight, speed and durability of our wheels. We are cyclists and as such strive to offer class leading service and support. Buy with confidence, if for any reason you wish to return the wheels for a full refund of your order you can do so up to a full 60 days after you receive them whether they have been ridden or not. Please note we cannot offer refunds on wheels that have suffered from crash damage but do offer a crash replacement discount.
- Tubeless-ready – designed to work excellently with normal clincher tyres and tubes or tubeless tyres. Tubeless-rim tape and valves available separately.
- Disc-specific tubeless-ready profile
- H-lock bead-seat up-kicks for easy and secure tubeless installation
- Unidirectional T24/30 carbon fibre with 3K weave re-enforced spoke holes
- 27mm outer and 21mm inner width ideal for 23-50mm tyre widths
- 30mm depth
- Matt black base finished with matt white contrasting graphics.
- Maximum tyre pressure for this rim is 100 psi when used with 25-28mm tyres. 100 psi is more than enough for any rider on road. Click here to listen to a podcast exploring the science of why lower pressures were found to be faster by pro teams.
- Maximum tyre pressures for other tyre sizes 30mm do not exceed 70psi, 33mm do not exceed 50psi, 35-45mm do not exceed 40psi, 46mm+ do not exceed 35psi.
- Please do not exceed the maximum pressure stated on your tyre.
- 24 front and rear laced 2 cross.
- Aero Butted 2.0-2.2/0.95-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2.
- Straight-pull for excellent torsional strength and direct power transfer
- Cold drawn from high grade T302 (18/10) stainless steel wire by Sandvik Sweden
- Patented Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement, butted again just before the spoke head providing more durability in high stress area.
- Black stainless treatment
- Alloy square body for external adjustment and square head for easy internal adjustment/tensioning. square spoke key included.
- 16mm length with washer for a strong connection to the spoke added durability.
- 14 gauge
- Black anodized finish
- Hunt Race Season Disc straight-pull super-light alloy
- Forged and CNC’d 6061-T6 heat treated aluminium alloy body
- 7075-T6 aluminium alloy axles
- Centre-lock disc mount. 6 bolt disc adaptors included
- Polished anodized black finish with laser graphics
- 100mm wide standard spacing.
- Quick-release fitting, Thru 12 included, 9 and 15mm adaptors available separately
- 135mm wide standard road, cross and MTB disc spacing
- Quick-release fitting. 12/135 and 12/142 adaptors available separately
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy freehub body
- Steel Spline Insert freehub body reinforcement provides excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage to the freehub often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
- 4 pawl, 28 tooth engagement
- 9/10/11 speed Shimano/SRAM compatible freehub, Campagnolo and SRAM XD Driver versions also available..
High-grade sealed cartridge replaceable units.
- Rear hub upgraded to even faster rolling LU/LB low-friction sealed internal face, dual sealed external face bearings.
- Incredibly fast rolling
- Hunt 4Season Internal cam for high torque tightening, secure fitting with low dirt ingress. Ideal for disc brake wheels.
- 7075-T6 heat-treated alloy lever and head.
- Cro-moly spindles
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel springs
- Polished anodized black finish with laser graphics
- Front wheel and Rear Wheels with White Shield tubeless tape fitted
- Pair quick-releases
- Tubeless valves
- Cassette spacer for 8/9/10 speed
- Front hub 12mm adaptor (QR adaptor fitted to hub)
Pair 6 bolt disc adaptors
- HUNT spoke key for square fitment
- Spare of each spoke plus nipples
- Quality control card signed by your wheel builder
Warranty & weight limits
A full 2 years from purchase date warranty is offered to the original purchaser only on all Hunt bike wheels against material or workmanship defects, please click here to read full details. 100kgs is the upper recommended rider weight limit for these wheels. Please include the weight of any luggage in your total rider weight when choosing the correct wheels. We do offer wheels with higher weight limits please look for the DURA and GRAVEL models in our range. If a rider using these wheels is over 90Kgs then an experienced bike mechanic should check the wheel regularly. We are cyclists ourselves and do of course go above and beyond to offer excellent service if you ever do experience any issues. We carry full spares at very reasonable prices and offer complete support.
HUNT | The Chase Is On.
You ride every chance you get, you push on through wind and rain, your time and money must deliver results. We are honoured to create the best wheels for you.
- Tubeless-ready | Lower pressures and great puncture protection. Our wheels work excellently with standard clincher tyres & tubes too
- Designed with purpose | We don't spec down to a price point we create the best wheels for each type of riding
Open the gap in the corners | Enhanced grip; wide rims for broad road contact with lower-rolling resistance
String out the pack on the flat | Rounded profile aero rims, super smooth precision sealed cartridge bearings.
Break-away on the climbs | Impressively low weights
We have to reserve the right to alter specification when necessary but of course your can return any product within our 60 day satisfaction period even if you have used it as long as it's not been damaged due to an accident.