Ultimate race wheelset. Ultra-light-wide cutting-edge rim design. Super-Stiff. Wind-cheating. Scary-fast.
£999 Pair | £99 Deposit pre-order option, refundable.
Don't miss out: Pre-order now for May week 4 delivery
Our wheels are in high demand due to their unique superior specifications and excellent reviews. Please be aware that we are working hard to meet demand. Our production time is 4 months hence unfortunately sales often outstrip supply, so please order now to avoid disappointment.
Reserve your wheels now. Use the drop-down menu above to choose the deposit option. We'll contact you when the wheels arrive for balance payment. Please enter your phone number in the checkout. Pre-ordered wheels will be held in stock for 7 days after the above delivery date, after which point, any orders not fully paid will be made available to other customers. Deposit is fully refundable if you change your mind prior to dispatch or up to 7 days after delivery, subject to product return.
These wheels are so light and aero that we're free wheeling in the pack whilst all others are pedalling, is it cheating? Fit these tubeless/clincher-ready wheels with tubeless tyres to make the package even faster and lighter.
Tyres are not included and are available separately - Please click here.
Cycling Plus Magazine | 2016 Gear Guide | "New British outfit Hunt’s value-packed offerings have been making serious waves in the wheel world, and these wheels...look to continue that trend." See the full review in the product images.
Cyclist Magazine | "...these wheels represent impressive value when compared to many other brands at the same level...Hunt, despite its relatively tiny scale, has produced a wheel that not only punches well above its weight, but could prove to be a trendsetter." See the full review in the product images.
We all want to go fast; that was the brief. The latest breed of tubeless tyres give-up nothing in weight to their clincher counterparts and the Schlwabe One Pro, that you can have fitted by us prior to delivery, weighs only 250g for a 25mm tyre (290 grams including 40 millilitres of sealant, while the Conti GP4sII folding tyre with tubes weighs 320 grams). The tyre rolling resistance of the new Schwalbe One Pro Tubeless is reduced by 9.5% over their clincher version according to Schwalbe's own tests! Hence tubeless was essential. Going deep is obvious for aero gains, wide rims with a U-profile provide great handling and reduce drag across multiple wind yaw-angles. However, wide rims require more material so add weight, to combat this issue the Hunt 50 Carbon Wide | Aero wheels use a cutting-edge construction method. This construction methods means the rims are extremely light at only 498g each even though they’re a massive 27mm wide and 50mm deep! Also, stiffness = Speed so we specced large 15mm diameter hub axles for sprinting and out-of-saddle climbing. Ease into them, your mates won’t know it’s the wheels!
Rims | Toray T700/T800 carbon-fibre. Unidirectional sidewalls with 3K weave bed and spoke areas, Griptec basalt ceramic fibre brake-track for excellent braking and durability. Tubeless-ready for lower weight, rolling resistance and better puncture protection.
Tyres | Designed with a wide 19mm rim bed fine with 23mm, but ideal for 25, 28 and wider tubeless tyres only. Tyres not included.
Hubs | Race Season Sprint straight-pull super-light, 15mm diameter 7075-T6 axle. Circular dropout interface steps for added stiffness. 3x treble tooth pawl engagement for instant acceleration. Steel spline insert to protect cassette body.
Spokes | 20F/24R Pillar PSRXTRA Aero straight pull
Nipples & Brake Pads | 16mm alloy double square with washers. Griptec brake pads by BRAKCO for incredible braking performance.
QR | Hunt Race Season super-light with heat-treated alloy/brass cam plate actuation and stainless steel springs.
Included | QRs, Pads, Tubeless tape & valves, spokes w/key & aero spoke holder
Weight | 1539g (rims, hubs spokes and nipples)
Schwalbe One Pro Tubeless Road Tyres 23, 25 or 28mm can be fitted for £99. SRP per pair is £134, we fit them and include the sealant saving you the effort and £25. If you would like tyres fitting please add them to your basket and we ensure they are fitted prior to dispatch. Please CLICK HERE to see our range of tyres.
High-performance technology that will deliver you to the finish every time. A strong and seriously wide yet lightweight carbon rim with an aero-rounded profile for excellent handling and speed. Basalt ceramic fibre brake-track excellent braking on even the longest descents. The rim dimensions are wide at 27mm (19mm internal) which creates a great tyre profile with wider giving excellent grip and lower rolling resistance.
High Tg (glass transition temperature) resin provides extremely reliable braking and durability for longer descents. We select our rim manufacturers for their expertise in rim design, resin technology and resistance to braking heat build up. We also laboratory test all our rims to very high braking temperatures (200 degree C +) to push their limits. The high temperature resins that we use for our Hunt Griptec Braking surfaces and rims are designed, and do perform, to extremely high levels of braking heat build-up. As well as this lab testing we also ride test our carbon rim brake wheels with regular testing trips in the Alps to ensure the wheels are put through their paces on long, steep and fast descents such as the Galibier, Telegraph and Croix de Fer. We have even set several top 10 Strava times on famously taxing heavy braking twisty descents on our rim brake carbon wheels, including the The Lacets de Montvernier - please click here to see the segment details and watch the video. As a result, of the 1000s of carbon rims we have sold since we launched in 2015, we have never had a Hunt carbon rim de-laminate or suffer any damage from braking heat build up.
Precision machined straight pull hubs and spokes add strength and enhance power transfer meaning all your force pushes you forwards. Large 15mm diameter hub axles for sprinting and out-of-saddle climbing responsiveness. Circular dropout interface steps also add extra stiffness.
Spokes are a very important part of the equation and we have gone to town choosing the top-of-the-range Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement (PSR) XTRA models. These butted blade spokes are lighter but also provide a greater degree of elasticity to maintain spoke tensions longer and add fatigue resistance. PSR spokes feature the wider 2.2 width at the spoke head providing more material in this high stress area. To accompany these high-end spokes we selected aluminium anodized nipples which are lightweight and yet are long at 16mm for strength. As well as the standard square body we chose nipples with a square head so you can achieve precise tensioning. Combining these components well is key and all Hunt wheels are hand-built and then tensioned by craftspeople who work in pairs to check and finish each other’s work.
Bearings are the heart of any wheel and investing in them makes huge sense. We use high-grade precision smooth rolling sealed cartridge bearings by Japanese bearing experts EZO and this wheelset even has low-friction seals to further reduce rolling resistance and increase your speed. Durability is a theme for Hunt wheels as time and money you spend fixing is time and money you can’t spend riding or upgrading your bikes. As a result all our freehub bodies have Steel Spline Insert re-enforcement to provide excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
At Hunt we enjoy the puncture resistance and grip benefits of tubeless on our every-day rides so we wanted to allow our customers the same option, but of course all our tubeless-ready wheels are also designed to work perfectly with clincher tyres and inner tubes.
The little details matter, the Hunt Race Season quick-release skewers use brass for the cam which has self lubricating properties and we have even have upgraded to stainless steel springs so they don’t rust.
The consequence of the fanatical attention to detail is an outstandingly light 1539 gram wheelset weight in a lightning fast stiff aero package. We've enjoyed free wheeling in the pack whilst all others are pedalling, is it cheating?
60 Day Ride & Return Period. We are certain you'll be impressed by the acceleration, low-weight, speed and durability of our wheels. We are cyclists and as such strive to offer class leading service and support. Buy with confidence, if for any reason you wish to return the wheels for a full refund of your order you can do so up to a full 60 days after you received them whether they have been ridden or not. Please note we cannot offer refunds on wheels that have suffered from crash damage but do offer a crash replacement discount.
- Tubeless-ready – designed to work excellently with normal clincher tyres and tubes or tubeless tyres.
- Two layers of Hunt Bronze Shield tubeless rim tape fitted.
- Toray T700/T800 unidirectional and 3K weave carbon-fibre with 3K weave bed and spoke areas.
- 27mm outer and 19mm inner width ideal for 23-45mm tyre widths
- 50mm deep super wide rounded aero section
- Griptec basalt ceramic fibre brake-track
- Matt black base finished with gloss black and white contrasting graphics.
- Maximum tyre pressure for this rim is 120psi when used with an inner tube and 100psi when running the wheel set-up tubeless. Please do not exceed the maximum pressure stated on your tyre.
- Front: 20 spokes laced radially - Aero triple-butted profile
- Butted 2.0-2.0/0.95-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2.
- Rear: 24 spokes laced 2 cross drive-side and radially non-drive side.
- Butted 2.0-2.0/0.95-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2.
- Straight-pull for excellent torsional strength and direct power transfer
- Cold drawn from high grade T302 (18/10) stainless steel wire by Sandvik Sweden
- Patented Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement, butted again just before the spoke head providing more durability in high stress area.
- Black stainless treatment
- Alloy square body for external adjustment and square head for easy internal adjustment/tensioning. square spoke key included.
- 16mm length with washer for a strong connection to the spoke added durability.
- 14 gauge
- Black anodized finish
- Forged and CNC’d 6061-T6 heat treated aluminium alloy body
- 7075-T6 aluminium alloy axles
- Polished anodized black finish with laser graphics
- Circular machined dropout interface steps for added stiffness
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy freehub body
- 6 pawl engagement for instant acceleration.
- 9/10/11 speed Shimano/SRAM compatible freehub with Steel Spline Insert freehub body re-enforcement provide excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage to the freehub often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
- or Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed, no Steel Spline Insert required as Campagnolo design has deeper grooves.
- High-grade by EZO Japan
- Sealed cartridge replaceable units
- Upgraded to low-friction seals to further reduce rolling resistance.
- Incredibly fast rolling
- Hunt Super-light Race Season design, only 33g front and 37g rear
- 7075-T6 heat-treated alloy lever, head and nut
- Brass cam plate actuation.
- 1000kgf tested high-strength cro-moly spindles
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel springs
- Polished anodized black finish with laser graphics
- Front wheel and Rear Wheels with 2 layers Bronze Shield tubeless tape fitted
- Pair quick-releases
- Griptec brake pads by Brakco
- Tubeless valves
- Cassette spacer for 8/9/10 speed
- Pillar spoke key for hex and square fitment
- Hunt aero spoke holder - anti-scuff coated steel
- Spare of each spoke plus nipples
- Quality control card signed by your wheel builder
Warranty & weight limits
A full 2 years from purchase date warranty is offered to the original purchaser only on all Hunt bike wheels against material or workmanship defects, please click here to read full details. 100kgs is the upper recommended rider weight limit for these wheels. Please include the weight of any luggage in your total rider weight when choosing the correct wheels. We do offer wheels with higher weight limits please look for the DURA and GRAVEL models in our range. If a rider using these wheels is over 90Kgs then an experienced bike mechanic should check the wheel regularly and it is advisable to use minimum 25 mm tyres at max 100psi as this will reduce the fatigue on the wheelset. We are cyclists ourselves and do of course go above and beyond to offer excellent service if you ever do experience any issues. We carry full spares at very reasonable prices and offer complete support.
HUNT | The Chase Is On.
You ride every chance you get, you push on through wind and rain, your time and money must deliver results. We are honoured to create the best wheels for you.
- Tubeless-ready | Lower pressures and great puncture protection. Our wheels work excellently with standard clincher tyres & tubes too
- Designed with purpose | We don't spec down to a price point we create the best wheels for each type of riding
Open the gap in the corners | Enhanced grip; wide rims for broad road contact with lower-rolling resistance
String out the pack on the flat | Rounded profile aero rims, super smooth precision bearings by EZO Japan
Break-away on the climbs | Impressively low weights
We have to reserve the right to alter specification when necessary but of course your can return any product within our 60 day satisfaction period even if you have used it as long as it's not been damaged due to an accident.