The ‘Hunt’ for a year-round highly durable, high spoke count, but still light, disc wheelset. Ideal for the harshest routes, and pot-holed commutes.
£249 Pair | £50 deposit pre-order option, refundable.
Don't miss out: LIMITED STOCK available now.
Our wheels are in high demand due to their unique superior specifications and excellent reviews. Please be aware that we are working hard to meet demand. Our production time is 4 months hence unfortunately sales often outstrip supply, so please order now to avoid disappointment.
Disc brakes have given us a great opportunity as cyclists compared to rim brakes; hugely reduced maintenance and predictable braking in even the poorest conditions means we can ride without fear of wearing out rims or brake pads and there’s no need for constant brake adjustments. You deserve wheels that work in the same way and carry you on countless rough training rides or commutes and offer similar hassle free use and durability, you’d also like them to be light and fast too though. Well, we’ve invested in the details and delivered; the 4Season Dura Disc with high spoke count, strong wider gauge spokes, corrosion resistant brass nipples and double sealed cartridge bearings.
Rims | 6061-T6 Heat treated. Tubeless-ready. Disc specific. Asymmetric for balanced spoke tensions and a highly-durable wheel build
Tyres | Wide 17mm rim bed creates a wide tyre profile. Great with 23 tyres, ideal for 25, 28 and tyres up to 45c. Not included.
Hubs | QR w/adaptable axles; front and rear thru 12 and 15. Large double-sealed main bearings, 7075-T6 axle and freehub. Steel spline insert. SRAM XD Driver available. 6-bolt disc mount.
Spokes | 28F/28R PSR reinforced round triple butted J Bend
Nipples | 14mm corrosion resistant brass taper-grip
QR | Hunt 4Season durable heat-treated alloy/polymer cam with corrosion-resistant stainless steel springs
Included | QRs and spare spokes. Axle adaptors available separately.
Weight | 1759g (rims, hubs spokes and nipples)
Tubeless Tyre Fitting Option
Schwalbe One Pro Tubeless Road Tyres 23, 25 or 28mm are incredibly fast and light and can be fitted for £99. SRP per pair is £134, we fit them and include the sealant saving you the effort and £25.
The Hutchinson Sector 28 tyres are also worth considering as a great winter/durable option. The Sector 28s were designed for the cobblestones of Paris Roubaix and they also won BEST-IN-TEST in a Cycling Plus Magazine tyres review.
If you would like tyres fitting please add them to your basket and we ensure they are fitted prior to dispatch. Please CLICK HERE to see our range of tyres.
High-performance technology that will deliver you to the finish every time. A strong and lightweight 6061-T6 heat-treated rim features an asymmetric shape which is inverted from front to rear to provide balanced higher spoke tensions meaning your spokes stay tight for the long term. The rim profile is true disc specific which allows higher-strength to weight as no reinforcement is required for a braking surface, it also looks stunning. The rim dimensions are wide at 22mm (17mm internal) which creates a great tyre profile with wider 25-45mm tyres, giving excellent grip and lower rolling resistance.
Spokes were a very important part of the equation and we have gone to town choosing a high spoke count 28 front and rear for durabiliy. The spokes are top-of-the-range Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement (PSR) triple butted models which go from a 2.0-1.8-2.0-2.2 at the bend. Butted spokes are lighter but also provide a greater degree of elasticity and thus maintain spoke tensions longer and are more fatigue resistant. PSR spokes featured the 2.2 width at the spoke head providing more material in this high stress area. J-bend made sense for four season use as replacements are easy to find and we lace them two-cross for strength and brake force handling. To accompany these high-end spokes we selected brass nipples for our Hunt 4Season wheels. Brass is strong and corrosion resistant plus it has self-lubricating properties. As well as the standard square body we chose nipples with a hex head so you can achieve precise tensioning. Combining these components well is key and all Hunt wheels are hand-built and then tensioned by craftspeople who work in pairs to check and finish each other’s work.
Bearings are the heart of any wheel and investing in them makes huge sense so we spec high-grade precision sealed cartridge bearings in our full range. Durability is a theme for Hunt wheels as time and money you spend fixing is time and money you can’t spend riding or upgrading your bikes. This is especially important for a 4Season bike you use regularly in harsh conditions. As a result these wheels feature a lightweight steel freehub body which is strong and provides excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
Things are changing fast in the road and CX disc market so we have adaptability built-in. The 4Season Disc wheels are seriously future-proofed. The 4Season Disc Front hub axle is QR as standard but some road disc bikes are now moving to thru axle forks so all our Disc Wheels have thru 9, 12 and 15mm adapters available. Plus the rear hub can be adapted to 12-135/142 thru axles.
At Hunt we enjoy the puncture resistance and grip benefits of tubeless on our every-day rides so we wanted to allow you the same option, but of course all our tubeless-ready wheels are also designed to work perfectly with clincher tyres and inner tubes.
The little details matter, the Hunt 4Season quick-release polymer-cam skewers even have upgraded stainless steel springs so they don’t rust.
The consequence of the fanatic attention to detail is incredible durability and a resulting low 1759g gram wheelset weight. Acceleration and climbing are massively improved over many of the stock wheels supplied on road disc brake bikes.
60 Day Ride & Return Period. We are certain you'll be impressed by the acceleration, low-weight, speed and durability of our wheels. We are cyclists and as such strive to offer class leading service and support. Buy with confidence, if for any reason you wish to return the wheels for a full refund of your order you can do so up to a full 60 days after you received them whether they have been ridden or not. Please note we cannot offer refunds on wheels that have suffered from crash damage but do offer a crash replacement discount.
- Tubeless-ready – designed to work excellently with normal clincher tyres and tubes or tubeless tyres. Tubeless-rim tape and valves available separately.
- 6061-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy.
- Asymmetric to balance spoke tensions
- Disc-specific tubeless-ready profile
- 22mm outer and 17mm inner width ideal for 23-45mm tyre widths
- 24mm depth
- Matt black anodized finish with matt white heated decals for excellent durability
- Maximum tyre pressure for this rim is 120psi when used with an inner tube and 100psi when running the wheel set-up tubeless. Please do not exceed the maximum pressure stated on your tyre.
- J-bend cold drawn
- Made from high grade T302 (18/10) stainless steel wire by Sandvik Sweden
- Triple butted 2.0-1.8-2.0 (then 2.2 at the head for the patented Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement)
- 28 spokes laced 2 cross front and rear.
- Black stainless treatment
- Brass for anti-corrosion resistance
- Square body for external adjustment and hex head for easy internal adjustment/tensioning.
- Taper-grip for incredibly good spoke tension stability
- 14mm length
- 14 gauge
- Black finish
- Forged and CNC’d 6061-T6 heat treated aluminium alloy body
- 7075-T6 aluminium alloy axles
- 6-bolt disc mount.
- Polished anodized black finish with laser graphics
- 100mm wide standard spacing.
- Quick-release fitting, Thru 9, 12 and 15mm adapters available separately
- 135mm wide standard road, cross and MTB disc spacing
- Quick-release fitting. 12/135 and 12/142 adapters available separately
- Lightweight steel freehub body, highly durable especially when compared to most alloy freehub bodies
- 4 pawl, 28 tooth engagement
- 9/10/11 speed Shimano/SRAM compatible freehub, Campagnolo and SRAM XD Driver versions also available.
- Sealed cartridge replaceable units
- Dual full-contact seals
- Hunt 4Season polymer cam skewers are durable and light.
- 7075-T6 heat-treated alloy lever and head.
- Cro-moly spindles
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel springs
- Polished anodized black finish with laser graphics
- Front wheel and Rear Wheels fitted with nylon rim tape
- Pair quick-releases
- Cassette spacer for 8/9/10 speed
- Spare of each spoke plus nipples
- Quality control card signed by your wheel builder
Warranty & weight limits
A full 2 years from purchase date warranty is offered to the original purchaser only on all Hunt bike wheels against material or workmanship defects, please click here to read full details. 115kgs is the upper recommended rider weight limit for these wheels. Please include the weight of any luggage in your total rider weight when choosing the correct wheels. If a rider is over 90Kgs then an experienced bike mechanic should check the wheel regularly and it is advisable to use minimum 25 mm tyres at max 100psi as this will reduce the fatigue on the wheelset. We are cyclists ourselves and do of course go above and beyond to offer excellent service if you ever do experience any issues. We carry full spares at very reasonable prices and offer complete support.
HUNT | The Chase Is On.
You ride every chance you get, you push on through wind and rain, your time and money must deliver results. We are honoured to create the best wheels for you.
- Tubeless-ready | Lower pressures and great puncture protection. Our wheels work excellently with standard clincher tyres & tubes too
- Designed with purpose | We don't spec down to a price point we create the best wheels for each type of riding
Open the gap in the corners | Enhanced grip; wide rims for broad road contact with lower-rolling resistance
String out the pack on the flat | Rounded profile aero rims, super smooth precision bearings by EZO Japan
Break-away on the climbs | Impressively low weights
We have to reserve the right to alter specification when necessary but of course your can return any product within our 60 day satisfaction period even if you have used it as long as it's not been damaged due to an accident.