The Hunt for a road rim which is aero, wide, lightweight, seriously-fast for climb-descend-flat riding.
£399 per rim
High-performance technology that will deliver you to the finish every time. A strong and seriously lightweight unidirectional carbon rim with a wide aero-rounded profile for excellent handling and speed. Super-high 240oC glass transition resin creates Griptec brake-track for excellent braking on even the longest descents. The rim dimensions are wide at 26mm (18mm internal) which creates a great tyre profile with wider 23-45mm tyres, giving excellent grip and lower rolling resistance.
High Tg (glass transition temperature) resin provides extremely reliable braking and durability for longer descents. We select our rim manufacturers for their expertise in rim design, resin technology and resistance to braking heat build up. We also laboratory test all our rims to very high braking temperatures (200 degree C +) to push their limits. The high temperature resins that we use for our Hunt Griptec Braking surfaces and rims are designed, and do perform, to extremely high levels of braking heat build-up. The resin for these wheels is rated at a very high 220 Degrees C, which is ideal for epic mountain rides. As well as this lab testing we also ride test our carbon rim brake wheels with regular testing trips in the Alps to ensure the wheels are put through their paces on long, steep and fast descents such as the Galibier, Telegraph and Croix de Fer. We have even set several top 10 Strava times on famously taxing heavy braking twisty descents on our rim brake carbon wheels, including the The Lacets de Montvernier - please click here to see the segment details and watch the video. As a result, of the 1000s of carbon rims we have sold since we launched in 2015, we have never had a Hunt carbon rim de-laminate or suffer any damage from braking heat build up.
- Tubeless-ready – designed to work excellently with normal clincher tyres and tubes or tubeless tyres. Two layers of Hunt Bronze Shield tubeless rim tape fitted.
- Toray T700/T800 unidirectional carbon-fibre.
- 26mm outer and 18mm inner width ideal for 23-45mm tyre widths
- 38mm deep rounded aero section
- Super-high 240oC glass transition resin creates Griptec brake-track for excellent braking.
- Matt black base finished with gloss black and white contrasting graphics.
- Maximum tyre pressure for this rim is 120psi when used with an inner tube and 100psi when running the wheel set-up tubeless. Please do not exceed the maximum pressure stated on your tyre.
HUNT | The Chase Is On.