Ultra-light-wide cutting-edge rim design. Super-Stiff. Wind-cheating. Scary-fast.
£449 per rim
High-performance technology that will deliver you to the finish every time. A strong and seriously wide yet lightweight carbon rim with an aero-rounded profile for excellent handling and speed. Basalt ceramic fibre brake-track excellent braking on even the longest descents. The rim dimensions are wide at 27mm (19mm internal) which creates a great tyre profile giving excellent grip and lower rolling resistance.
High Tg (glass transition temperature) resin provides extremely reliable braking and durability for longer descents. We select our rim manufacturers for their expertise in rim design, resin technology and resistance to braking heat build up. We also laboratory test all our rims to very high braking temperatures (200 degree C +) to push their limits. The high temperature resins that we use for our Hunt Griptec Braking surfaces and rims are designed, and do perform, to extremely high levels of braking heat build-up. As well as this lab testing we also ride test our carbon rim brake wheels with regular testing trips in the Alps to ensure the wheels are put through their paces on long, steep and fast descents such as the Galibier, Telegraph and Croix de Fer. We have even set several top 10 Strava times on famously taxing heavy braking twisty descents on our rim brake carbon wheels, including the The Lacets de Montvernier - please click here to see the segment details and watch the video. As a result, of the 1000s of carbon rims we have sold since we launched in 2015, we have never had a Hunt carbon rim de-laminate or suffer any damage from braking heat build up.
At Hunt we enjoy the puncture resistance and grip benefits of tubeless on our every-day rides so we wanted to allow our customers the same option, but of course all our tubeless-ready rims are also designed to work perfectly with clincher tyres and inner tubes.
- Tubeless-ready – designed to work excellently with normal clincher tyres and tubes or tubeless tyres.
- Two layers of Hunt Bronze Shield tubeless rim tape fitted.
- Toray T700/T800 unidirectional and 3K weave carbon-fibre with 3K weave bed and spoke areas.
- 27mm outer and 19mm inner width ideal for 23-45mm tyre widths
- 50mm deep super wide rounded aero section
- Griptec basalt ceramic fibre brake-track
- Matt black base finished with gloss black and white contrasting graphics.
- Maximum tyre pressure for this rim is 120psi when used with an inner tube and 100psi when running the wheel set-up tubeless. Please do not exceed the maximum pressure stated on your tyre.
HUNT | The Chase Is On.