The ‘Hunt’ for a lightweight, adaptable, year-round road disc wheelset
£69 per rim
Whilst working with Dom Mason to spec his Mason Cycles, we realized that the specification and weights of the few available road disc wheels were not ideal for a performance bike that would be used in all weather conditions. We knew we could use our links with suppliers to ‘Hunt’ for improvements in every detail. We enlisted our love for performance bike parts, applied our industry experience and set about creating Hunt Bike Wheels. A lightweight, durable four season disc wheelset was one of our first projects, the outcome was our superb MasonxHunt 4Season Disc wheelset which is now available as a rim only.
High-perfomance technology that will deliver you to the finish every time. A strong and lightweight 6061-T6 heat-treated welded rim features an asymmetric shape which is inverted from front to rear to provide balanced higher spoke tensions meaning your spokes stay tight for the long term. The rim profile is true disc specific which allows higher-strength to weight as no re-enforcement is required for a braking surface, it also looks stunning. The rim dimensions are semi-aero at 27mm deep and wide at 23mm (17mm internal) which creates a great tyre profile with wider 25-32mm tyres, giving excellent grip and lower rolling resistance.
- Tubeless-ready – designed to work excellently with normal clincher tyres and tubes or tubeless tyres.
- 6061-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy.
- Asymmetric to balance spoke tensions
- Disc-specific tubeless-ready profile
- 23mm outer and 17mm inner width ideal for 23-34mm tyre widths
- 27mm depth
- Matt black anodized finish with matt white heated decals for excellent durability
- Maximum tyre pressure for this rim is 125psi. Please do not exceed the maximum pressure stated on your tyre.
- Offset 3mm
- ERD 592mm
- Maxiumum recommended spoke tension
- Front Wheel- 130kgf
- Rear Wheel- 135kgf