The ‘Hunt’ for a lightweight, adaptable, year-round aero road/CX disc wheelset
Please don't miss out: LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE NOW FOR IMMEDIATE DISPATCH.
Our wheels are in high demand due to their unique superior specifications and excellent reviews. Please be aware that we are working hard to meet demand. Unfortunately sales often outstrip supply, so please order now to avoid disappointment.
Tubeless Tyre Fitting Option
Schwalbe One Pro Tubeless Road Tyres 23, 25 or 28mm are incredibly fast and light and can be fitted for £99. SRP per pair is £134, we fit them and include the sealant saving you the effort and £25.
The Hutchinson Sector 28 tyres are also worth considering as a great winter/durable option. The Sector 28s were designed for the cobblestones of Paris Roubaix and they also won BEST-IN-TEST in a Cycling Plus Magazine tyres review.
If you would like tyres fitting please add them to your basket and we ensure they are fitted prior to dispatch. Please CLICK HERE to see our range of tyres.
'The Chase' is in The Details
High-performance technology that will deliver you to the finish every time. A strong and lightweight 6061-T6 heat-treated welded rim features an asymmetric shape which is inverted from front to rear to provide balanced higher spoke tensions meaning your spokes stay tight for the long term. The rim profile is true disc specific which allows higher-strength to weight as no re-enforcement is required for a braking surface, it also looks stunning. The rim dimensions are semi-aero at 27mm deep and wide at 23mm (17mm internal) which creates a great tyre profile with wider 25-32mm tyres, giving excellent grip and lower rolling resistance.
Spokes were a very important part of the equation and we have gone to town choosing the top-of-the-range Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement (PSR) triple butted models which go from a 2.0-1.6-2.0-2.2 at the bend. Butted spokes are lighter but also provide a greater degree of elasticity and thus maintain spoke tensions longer and are more fatigue resistant. PSR spokes featured the 2.2 width at the spoke head providing more material in this high stress area. J-bend made sense for four season use as replacements are easy to find and we lace them two-cross for strength and brake force handling. To accompany these high-end spokes we selected brass nipples for our Hunt 4Season wheels. Brass is strong and corrosion resistant plus it has self-lubricating properties. As well as the standard square body we chose nipples with a hex head so you can achieve precise tensioning. Combining these components well is key and all Hunt wheels are hand-built and then tensioned by craftspeople who work in pairs to check and finish each other’s work.
Bearings are the heart of any wheel and investing in them makes huge sense so we went to Japanese bearing experts EZO and invested extra to spec their high-grade precision sealed cartridge bearings in our full range. Durability is a theme for Hunt wheels as time and money you spend fixing is time and money you can’t spend riding or upgrading your bikes. This is especially important for a 4Season bike you use regularly in harsh conditions. As a result all our freehub bodies have Steel Spline Insert re-enforcements to provide excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
Things are changing fast in the road and CX disc market so we have adaptability built-in. The Hunt X Mason 4Season Disc wheels are seriously future-proof. We can adapt your wheels to any current axle standard on the market, you just need to let us know what your requirements are by filling in the simple form on the confirmation page after checkout. Disc fitment is also a potential head ache for riders. As Shimano hydraulic brakes, with their impressive ice-tech rotors, are appearing on many new bikes, including Mason, we wanted riders to have the option so we went even more adaptable with centre-lock hubs and 6 bolt adapters included.
At Hunt we enjoy the puncture resistance and grip benefits of tubeless on our every-day rides so we wanted to allow our customers the same option, but of course all our tubeless-ready wheels are also designed to work perfectly with clincher tyres and inner tubes.
H-Lock tubeless-ready rim bed profile. H-Lock is our tubeless-ready rim bed profile with up-kicks to the shoulders of the tubeless steps which help to create a great rim-well seal for first installation and easy sealing of tubeless tyres. The H-Lock profile also locks the beads in place more securely once seated. This is especially important when running lower pressures off road.
The consequence of the fanatic attention to detail is a resulting 1585 gram wheelset weight. Acceleration and climbing are massively improved over many of the stock wheels supplied on road/CX disc brake bikes and of course hugely important for performance bikes like the Mason Cycles range.
For You Tech Gurus
- Tubeless-ready – designed to work excellently with normal clincher tyres and tubes or tubeless tyres. Two layers of Hunt BronzeShield tubeless rim tape fitted. Hunt Wedgr black tubeless valves included.
- H-lock bead-seat up-kicks for easy and secure tubeless installation
- 6061-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy.
- Asymmetric to balance spoke tensions
- Disc-specific tubeless-ready profile
- 23mm outer and 17mm inner width ideal for 23-45 mm tyre widths
- 27mm depth
- Matt black anodized finish with matt white heated decals for excellent durability
- Maximum tyre pressure for this rim is 120psi when used with an inner tube and 100psi when running the wheel set-up tubeless. Please do not exceed the maximum pressure stated on your tyre.
- J-bend cold drawn
- Made from high grade T302 (18/10) stainless steel wire by Sandvik Sweden
- Triple butted 2.0-1.6-2.0 (then 2.2 at the head for the patented Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement)
- 24 spokes laced 2 cross front and rear.
- Black stainless treatment
- Brass for anti-corrosion resistance
- Square body for external adjustment and hex head for easy internal adjustment/tensioning. Hex/square spoke key included.
- 12mm length
- 14 gauge
- Black finish
- Forged and CNC’d 6061-T6 heat treated aluminium alloy body
- 7075-T6 aluminium alloy axles
- Centre-lock disc mount. 6 bolt disc adapter included
- Polished anodized black finish with laser graphics
Axle Size - Easily Adaptable & We fit them for you.
These wheels are available with all existing disc brake road bike axle adapter sizes. All our axle adapters are easy to swap but we'll fit the adapters your bike needs to save you the work. After your order checkout is completed a simple form will show, as well as being sent to you in your confirmation email. The form allows you to select the axle size your bike needs, don't worry it also includes the option to tell us your bike model and we will find out and then fit the correct axles, plus we're happy to change them later at our cost if you don't quite get it right. Please note; this form is shown after you have completed your order. Please see below the full list of axle adapters available for these wheels:
- We fit the axles you need, just complete the simple form shown after checkout:
- All existing road/CX disc front axle standards are available including:
- Quick Release (Quick release skewers included)
- 12mm Bolt Thru
- 15mm Bolt Thru
- 9mm Bolt Thru (uncommon)
- We fit the axles you need, just complete the simple form shown after checkout.
- All existing road/CX disc rear axle standards are available including:
- Quick Release (Quick release skewers included)
- 12x142 Bolt Thru
- 12x135 Bolt Thru (uncommon)
- 10x135 Bolt Thru (uncommon)
All axle adapters are also available separately.
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy freehub body
- Steel Spline Insert Shimano freehub body reinforcement provides excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage to the freehub often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
- 4 pawl, 28 tooth engagement
- 9/10/11 speed Shimano/SRAM compatible freehub, Campagnolo and SRAM XD Driver versions also available.
- By EZO Japan
- Sealed cartridge replaceable units
- Dual full-contact seals
In the Box
- The axle adapters needed for your bike, just fill in the simple form shown after order completion, the form is also included in your order confirmation page.
- Front wheel and Rear Wheels with 1 layer Cream and 1 layer Bronze Shield tubeless tape fitted
- Tubeless valves
- Cassette spacer for 8/9/10 speed
- Pair 6 bolt disc adapters
- Pillar spoke key for hex and square fitment
- Spare of each spoke plus nipples
- Quality control card signed by your wheel builder
Warranty, HUNT Rolling Road Tests & Weight Limits
A full 2 years from purchase date warranty is offered to the original purchaser only on all Hunt bike wheels against material or workmanship defects, please click here to read full details.
All HUNT wheels models have to pass our harsh cobbled-rolling-road tests for rider weight limits, please see here for more details. 95kgs is the upper recommended rider weight limit for these wheels. Please include the weight of any luggage in your total rider weight when choosing the correct wheels. If a rider is over 85Kgs then an experienced bike mechanic should check the wheel regularly and it is advisable to use minimum 25 mm tyres at max 100psi as this will reduce the fatigue on the wheelset. We are cyclists ourselves and do of course go above and beyond to offer excellent service if you ever do experience any issues. We carry full spares at very reasonable prices and offer complete support.
60 Day Ride & Return Period. We are certain you'll be impressed by the acceleration, low-weight, speed and durability of our wheels. We are cyclists and as such strive to offer class leading service and support. Buy with confidence, if for any reason you wish to return the wheels for a full refund of your order you can do so up to a full 60 days after you receive them whether they have been ridden or not. Please note we cannot offer refunds on wheels that have suffered from crash damage but do offer a crash replacement discount.
The Fast Year-Round Alloy Disc Wheelset
Mason x Hunt 4Season Disc wheels: Whilst working with Dom Mason to spec his Mason Cycles, we realised that the specification and weights of the few available road/CX disc wheels were not ideal for a performance bike that would be used in all weather conditions. We knew we could use our links with suppliers to ‘Hunt’ for improvements in every detail. We enlisted our love for performance bike parts, applied our industry experience and set about creating Hunt Bike Wheels. A lightweight, durable four season disc wheelset was one of our first projects, the outcome was our superb Mason x Hunt 4Season Disc wheelset.
Bike Magazine and Website Experts' Views
We're honoured to have incredible REVIEWS from some of the most respected publications and websites:
Full company profile article, find out more click here. "The first noticeable aspect is the weight...when you pick your bike up after you’ve fitted them you’ll be amazed at how this transforms the weight of your machine"
"The 4 season wheels offer a subtle improvement with the overall comfort, the bike feels energised and ready for its next chase doon the lanes. Judging by the Strava feed, I'm also covering the ground quicker."
- Rims | 6061-T6 heat treated. Tubeless-ready. Disc Specific. Asymmetric for a highly-durable wheel build. H-lock bead-seat for easy and secure tubeless installation.
- Tyres | Wide 17mm rim bed creates a wide tyre profile. Great with 23 tyres, ideal for 25, 28 and cross tyres up to 45c. Not included.
- Hubs | Hunt 4Season Disc durable and adaptable axle hubs. Large double-sealed main bearings, 7075-T6 axle and freehub. Steel Spline Insert. SRAM XD Driver available. Centre-lock disc mount, 6-bolt disc adaptors included.
- Axles | Easily adaptable & we fit them for you. Fit all current axle sizes and are easy to change; Front - QR, Bolt thru 12/15/9mm, Rear - QR, Bolt thru 12x142, 12x135, 10x135. Please click here for more info on how to select your axles.
- Spokes | 24F/24R PSR reinforced Round Triple butted J Bend
- Nipples | 12mm corrosion resistant brass
- Included | Tubeless tape & valves, spare spokes, spoke key, axle adapters (please fill in the simple form on the checkout confirmation page to select your required size), pair of 6bolt disc adapters.
- Weight | 1585g (rims, hubs spokes and nipples)
HUNT | The Chase Is On.
You ride every chance you get, you push on through wind and rain, your time and money must deliver results. We are honoured to create the best wheels for you.
- Tubeless-ready | Lower pressures and great puncture protection. Our wheels work excellently with standard clincher tyres & tubes too
- Designed with purpose | We don't spec down to a price point we create the best wheels for each type of riding
- Open the gap in the corners | Enhanced grip; wide rims for broad road contact with lower-rolling resistance
- String out the pack on the flat | Rounded profile aero rims, super smooth precision bearings by EZO Japan
- Break-away on the climbs | Impressively low weights
We have to reserve the right to alter specification when necessary but of course your can return any product within our 60 day satisfaction period even if you have used it as long as it's not been damaged due to an accident.