The ‘Hunt’ for the ultimate alloy performance wide and deep aero road wheels
Don't miss out: LIMITED STOCK AVAILABLE NOW FOR IMMEDIATE DISPATCH.
Our wheels are in high demand due to their unique superior specifications and excellent reviews. Please be aware that we are working hard to meet demand. Unfortunately sales often outstrip supply, so please order now to avoid disappointment.
Tubeless Tyre Fitting Option
Schwalbe One Pro Tubeless Road Tyres 23, 25 or 28mm are incredibly fast and light and can be fitted for £99. SRP per pair is £134, we fit them and include the sealant saving you the effort and £25.
The Hutchinson Sector 28 tyres are also worth considering as a great winter/durable option. The Sector 28s were designed for the cobblestones of Paris Roubaix and they also won BEST-IN-TEST in a Cycling Plus Magazine tyres review.
If you would like tyres fitting please add them to your basket and we ensure they are fitted prior to dispatch. Please CLICK HERE to see our range of tyres.
'The Chase' is in The Details
We've pushed the boundaries here and added even more width and depth for extra grip, low aero drag and low rolling resistance advantage. Yes this is a 24mm wide outer and 31mm deep rounded profile rim made from an enriched alloy that builds into an head-turning sub 1500g wheelset. HFR+ aluminium alloy is a proprietary material developed by our rim supplier and uses an advanced heat-treatment process. The process delivers outstanding weight, stiffness and durability meaning rims can be wider for 25 and 28mm tyres, deeper for better aero performance and yet remain super-light for excellent climbing and acceleration.
Precision machined straight pull hubs and spokes add strength and enhance power transfer meaning all your force pushes you forwards.
Spokes are a very important part of the equation and we have gone to town choosing the top-of-the-range Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement (PSR) XTRA models. These butted blade spokes are lighter but also provide a greater degree of elasticity to maintain spoke tensions longer and add fatigue resistance. PSR spokes feature the wider 2.2 width at the spoke head providing more material in this high stress area. To accompany these high-end spokes we selected aluminium anodized nipples which are lightweight and yet are long at 14mm for strength. As well as the standard square body we chose nipples with a hex head so you can achieve precise tensioning. Combining these components well is key and all Hunt wheels are hand-built and then tensioned by craftspeople who work in pairs to check and finish each other’s work.
Bearings are the heart of any wheel and investing in them makes huge sense. We use high-grade precision smooth rolling sealed cartridge bearings by Japanese bearing experts EZO and this wheelset even has three of the rear hub bearings upgraded to S&S LU/LB seals which are low-friction sealed on the internal bearing face to further reduce rolling resistance and increase your speed whilst maintaining excellent sealing on the exposed faces. As a result all our freehub bodies have Steel Spline Insert re-enforcements to provide excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
At Hunt we enjoy the puncture resistance and grip benefits of tubeless on our every-day rides so we wanted to allow our customers the same option, but of course all our tubeless-ready wheels are also designed to work perfectly with clincher tyres and inner tubes.
The little details matter, the Hunt Race Season quick-release skewers use brass for the cam which has self lubricating properties and we have even have upgraded to stainless steel springs so they don’t rust.
The consequence of the fanatic attention to detail is a very low 1487 gram wheelset weight especially for this aero depth and width combination. These wheels deliver your potential and then some,. Go on push even harder, they will reward you.
For You Tech Gurus
- Tubeless-ready – designed to work excellently with normal clincher tyres and tubes or tubeless tyres. Two layers of Hunt Bronze Shield tubeless rim tape fitted.
- HFR Alloy+ rims constructed using a heat treatment process, delivering far higher fatigue resistance than 6061-T6.
- 24mm outer and 19mm inner width ideal for 23-34mm tyre widths
- 31mm deep rounded aero section
- Precision machined rim brake track
- Matt black anodized finish with matt white heated decals for excellent durability
- Maximum tyre pressure for this rim is 120psi when used with an inner tube and 100psi when running the wheel set-up tubeless. Please do not exceed the maximum pressure stated on your tyre.
- Front: 20 spokes laced radially - Aero triple-butted profile
- Butted 2.0-2.0/0.95-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2.
- Rear: 24 spokes laced 2 cross.
- Asymmetric spoke gauges on rear wheel creates a more stable wheel build.
- Drive side - butted 2.0-2.2/0.95-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2.
Non-drive side - butted 2.0-2.0/0.95-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2.
- Straight-pull for excellent torsional strength and direct power transfer
- Cold drawn from high grade T302 (18/10) stainless steel wire by Sandvik Sweden
- Patented Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement, butted again just before the spoke head providing more durability in high stress area.
- Black stainless treatment
- Alloy square body for external adjustment and hex head for easy internal adjustment/tensioning. Hex/square spoke key included.
- 14mm length for a strong connection to the spoke.
- 14 gauge
- Black anodized finish
- Forged and CNC’d 6061-T6 heat treated aluminium alloy body
- 7075-T6 aluminium alloy axles
- Polished anodized black finish with laser graphics
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy freehub body
- 4 pawl, 28 tooth engagement
- 9/10/11 speed Shimano/SRAM compatible freehub with Steel Spline Insert freehub body re-enforcement provide excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage to the freehub often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
- or Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed, no Steel Spline Insert required as Campagnolo design has deeper grooves.
- High-grade by EZO Japan and S&S
- Sealed cartridge replaceable units.
- Rear hub upgraded to even faster rolling S&S LU/LB low-friction sealed internal face, dual sealed external face bearings.
- Incredibly fast rolling
- Hunt Super-light Race Season design, only 33g front and 37g rear
- 7075-T6 heat-treated alloy lever, head and nut
- Brass cam plate actuation.
- 1000kgf tested high-strength cro-moly spindles
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel springs
- Polished anodized black finish with laser graphics
In the Box
- Front wheel and Rear Wheels with 2 layers Bronze Shield tubeless tape fitted
- Pair quick-releases
- Tubeless valves
- Cassette spacer for 8/9/10 speed
- Pillar spoke key for hex and square fitment
- Hunt aero spoke holder - anti-scuff coated steel
- Spare of each spoke plus nipples
- Quality control card signed by your wheel builder
Warranty, HUNT Rolling Road Tests & Weight Limits
A full 2 years from purchase date warranty is offered to the original purchaser only on all Hunt bike wheels against material or workmanship defects, please click here to read full details.
All HUNT wheels models have to pass our harsh cobbled-rolling-road tests for rider weight limits, please see here for more details. 95kgs is the upper recommended rider weight limit for these wheels. Please include the weight of any luggage in your total rider weight when choosing the correct wheels. If a rider is over 85Kgs then an experienced bike mechanic should check the wheel regularly and it is advisable to use minimum 25 mm tyres at max 100psi as this will reduce the fatigue on the wheelset. We are cyclists ourselves and do of course go above and beyond to offer excellent service if you ever do experience any issues. We carry full spares at very reasonable prices and offer complete support.
60 Day Ride & Return Period. We are certain you'll be impressed by the acceleration, low-weight, speed and durability of our wheels. We are cyclists and as such strive to offer class leading service and support. Buy with confidence, if for any reason you wish to return the wheels for a full refund of your order you can do so up to a full 60 days after you received them whether they have been ridden or not. Please note we cannot offer refunds on wheels that have suffered from crash damage but do offer a crash replacement discount.
The super-wide, seriously-light, aero-beating 31mm deep road wheelset
Stretch the gaps and burn the legs of your riding compatriots with incredible fast riding performance. You will take the corners faster and tighter than ever before due to the 24mm rim width opening out your tyre profile and providing incredible grip. The super wide rim working with a 25 or 28 tyre will eat up rough roads allowing you to hold your line and carry your speed. The upgraded straight pull hubs and spokes reduce weight, add strength and respond instantly to your accelerations. Float up the climbs too thanks to a sub 1500g bench-mark weight, is this even fair?
Bike Magazine and Website Experts' Views
We're honoured to have incredible REVIEWS from some of the most respected publications and websites:
Best in Test 10/10 Tubeless Wheels Grouptest | "Hunt has done amazingly well to get these wheels out at such a competitive price with market smashing performance: without doubt this is a 10/10 wheel set"
Hunt may still be relative newcomers to the wheel market, but they’ve stuck their flag firmly in ground and continue to impress across the board; not just with these wheels – a point emphasised by the fact demand often outstrips supply. If you want a pair of these, you best be quick.
"The weight of the Race Aero Wide makes them responsive from the first pedal stroke, their moment of inertia appears basically low. It is immediately perceived a very high lateral and torsional stiffness, thanks to the wide camber angle of the spokes, significantly above the average. All this leads to a strict driving precision and an excellent performance during acceleration and drive-ability, at the level of many high range competitors wheels, much more expensive."
- Rims | Our HFR Alloy+ rims are constructed using a heat treatment process, delivering far higher fatigue resistance than 6061-T6. High-polished aluminium finish. 31mm deep. 19mm internal and 24mm external width, creating an excellent tyre profile for wide road tyres and cross tyres up to 45c.
- Tyres | Designed with a wide 19mm rim bed to create a wider tyre profile. Great with 700x23mm tyres but ideal for 25, 28 and cross tyres. Tyres not included.
- Hubs | Hunt Race straight-pull super-light QR 6061-T6, 7075-T6 axle and freehub. Steel spline insert.
- Spokes | 20F/24R Pillar PSRXTRA Aero super-light straight pull
- Nipples | 14mm alloy hex-head, square body.
- QR | Hunt Race Season super-light with heat-treated alloy/brass cam plate actuation and stainless steel springs.
- Weight | 1487g (rims, hubs spokes and nipples)
HUNT | The Chase Is On.
You ride every chance you get, you push on through wind and rain, your time and money must deliver results. We are honoured to create the best wheels for you.
- Tubeless-ready | Lower pressures and great puncture protection. Our wheels work excellently with standard clincher tyres & tubes too
- Designed with purpose | We don't spec down to a price point we create the best wheels for each type of riding
- Open the gap in the corners | Enhanced grip; wide rims for broad road contact with lower-rolling resistance
- String out the pack on the flat | Rounded profile aero rims, super smooth precision bearings by EZO Japan
- Break-away on the climbs | Impressively low weights
We have to reserve the right to alter specification when necessary but of course your can return any product within our 60 day satisfaction period even if you have used it as long as it's not been damaged due to an accident.