The ‘Hunt’ for a lightweight, wide, highly durable year-round aero road wheelset
£349 Pair | £69 pre-order deposit option, refundable
Fit and forget fast 4season performance on your road bike thanks to strong aero-bladed 24 front / 28 rear spoke count = a high rider weight limit of 115kgs, plus extra-sealed hubs and brass nipples!
Review version 2 wheels - Cycling Weekly Magazine Nov 2016 - Winter Wheels Test: 10/10 BEST-IN-TEST "It's not often you find a component that ticks every box so competently but Hunt's new 4Season Aero V2 wheelset is an example of how to do things right. Strong, light and great value...Certainly the clear choice". Please see images for full review.
Review version 1 wheels - Cyclist Magazine: "The Hunt 4Season wheels prove that solidity needn’t mean slothfulness, and performance needn’t mean pounds... YOU SIMPLY CAN’T GO WRONG"
Having grown up in the Isle of Man we had to ride in some pretty poor conditions just to be able to get out on the bike. Now based in Sussex, UK we love hitting the roads year round. In fact, there's something masochistic about many of us cyclists, we relish the feeling of taking on the wind, rain and cold and beating them, but of course you also want to go hard and beat your riding mates when the 'Chase Is On'. The Hunt Four Season Aero road wheelset is designed specifically for this type of riding.
Please don't miss out: Pre-order now for delivery Mar week 4
Our wheels are in high demand due to their unique superior specifications and excellent reviews. Please be aware that we are working hard to meet demand. Our production time is 4 months hence unfortunately sales often outstrip supply, so please order now to avoid disappointment.
Reserve your wheels now. Use the drop-down menu above to choose the deposit option. We'll contact you when the wheels arrive for balance payment. Please enter your phone number in the checkout. Pre-ordered wheels will be held in stock for 7 days after the above delivery date, after which point, any orders not fully paid will be made available to other customers. Deposit is fully refundable if you change your mind prior to dispatch or up to 7 days after delivery, subject to product return.
Rims | 6061-T6 Heat treated. 28mm deep semi-aero. 19mm internal and 24mm external width. H-lock bead-seat for easy and secure tubeless installation.
Tyres | Designed with a wide 19mm rim bed to create a wider tyre profile. Great with 700x23mm tyres but ideal for 25, 28 and cross tyres up to 45c. Tyre fitting optional extra.
Hubs | 4Season 6061-T6, large double-sealed main bearings, extra hub cap sealing, 7075-T6 axle.
Freehub | Steel spline insert, 48 teeth with 3x3 multi-point pawls and strong individual leaf springs for each pawl.
Spokes | High count 24F/28R Pillar PSRXTRA Aero J-Bend for high 115kgs rider weight limit.
Nipples | 14mm brass hex-head, square body.
QR | Hunt 4Season durable heat-treated alloy/polymer cam with stainless steel springs.
Weight | 1579g (rims, hubs spokes and nipples)
Tubeless Tyre Fitting Service
Schwalbe One Pro Tubeless Road Tyres 23, 25 or 28mm are incredibly fast and light and can be fitted for £99. SRP per pair is £134, we fit them and include the sealant saving you the effort and £25.
The Hutchinson Sector 28 tyres are also worth considering as a great winter/durable option. The Sector 28s were designed for the cobblestones of Paris Roubaix and they also won BEST-IN-TEST in a Cycling Plus Magazine tyres review.
If you would like tyres fitting please add them to your basket and we then ensure they are fitted prior to dispatch. Please CLICK HERE to see our range of tyres.
High-performance technology that will deliver you to the finish every time, especially those all important rain-soaked sign post finishes with your mates on a long training ride. A strong and lightweight 6061-T6 heat-treated sleeved rim features a semi-aero rounded profile 28mm deep and wide at 24mm (19mm internal) for a great tyre profile with wider 25-45mm tyres, giving excellent grip and lower rolling resistance. Spokes are a very important part of the equation and we have gone to town choosing the top-of-the-range Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement (PSR) XTRA models. These butted blade spokes are lighter but also provide a greater degree of elasticity and thus maintain spoke tensions longer and are more fatigue resistant. PSR spokes feature the wider 2.2 width at the spoke head providing more material in this high stress area. J-bend made sense for four season use as replacements are easy to find. The Four Season Aero also features the wider gauge PSR XTRA spoke with the head-reinforcement so they don't fear the potholes. To accompany these high-end spokes we selected brass nipples for our Hunt 4Season wheels. Brass is strong and corrosion resistant plus it has self-lubricating properties to prevent issues that can arise from grit salt on the winter roads corroding the fine threads in alloy nipples. As well as the standard square body we chose nipples with a hex head so you can achieve precise tensioning. Combining these components well is key and all Hunt wheels are hand-built and then tensioned by craftspeople who work in pairs to check and finish each other’s work.
Bearings are the heart of any wheel and investing in them makes sense for wheels that will experience the worst weather and cycling punishment you can throw at them. We sought out something extra and that is why the bearings are supplied by TPI. We invested extra to spec their high-grade precision sealed cartridge bearings which are trusted by many of the world's leading engineering, cycling and automotive companies. The TPI bearings we specced in the 4Season wheels are upgraded to LU/LB seals which are low-friction sealed on the internal bearing face, to further reduce rolling resistance and increase your speed, whilst providing maximum double contact sealing on the exposed faces.To find out more about TPI's commitment to your bearings please watch the video below.
Extra seals and shielding built-into all four hub caps and the freehub body. As you can see from the image in the gallery each hub cap and the freehub body have o-ring seals (the freehub cap has a lip seal). It’s also important that the hub shell is designed to overlap the hub caps providing extra shielding from water ingress. Your Hunt 4Season Aero wheels will provide many miles of fast hassle-free year round riding.
Freehub mechanism specifically for winter riding and high forces featuring 3 multi-point pawls with 3 teeth each and a 48 tooth ratchet ring provides a super fast 7.5 degree engagement and excellent resistance to wear under heavy loads or contamination. The Hunt 4Season freehub also features strong individual leaf pawl springs which are faster at rebounding in poor winter conditions when viscous grease (due to lower temperatures) and grime can affect weaker springs. The 3 individual springs also allow back-up redundancy compared to single spring systems. One thing to note is that individual leaf spring pawls are a bit louder than circular spring set-ups but we think that is the right decision to make for this type of wheelset. As you can probably tell durability is a key theme for Hunt wheels as time and money you spend fixing is time and money you can’t spend riding or upgrading your bikes. This is especially important for a 4Season bike you use regularly in harsh conditions. As a result all our freehub bodies also have Steel Spline Insert re-enforcements to provide excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
At Hunt we enjoy the puncture resistance and grip benefits of tubeless on our every-day rides so we wanted to allow our customers the same option, but of course all our tubeless-ready wheels are also designed to work perfectly with clincher tyres and inner tubes.
H-Lock tubeless-ready rim bed profile. H-Lock is our tubeless-ready rim bed profile with up-kicks to the shoulders of the tubeless steps which help to create a great rim-well seal for first installation and easy sealing of tubeless tyres. The H-Lock profile also locks the beads in place more securely once seated. This is especially important when running lower pressures or riding off-road.
The little details matter, the Hunt 4Season quick-release polymer-cam skewers even have upgraded stainless steel springs so they don’t rust.
The consequence of the fanatic attention to detail is a resulting 1579 gram wheelset weight. For such a durable wheelset acceleration and climbing are delivered with ease, just don't tell your ride mates your secret.
60 Day Ride & Return Period. We are certain you'll be impressed by the acceleration, low-weight, speed and durability of our wheels. We are cyclists and as such strive to offer class leading service and support. Buy with confidence, if for any reason you wish to return the wheels for a full refund of your order you can do so up to a full 60 days after you received them whether they have been ridden or not. Please note we cannot offer refunds on wheels that have suffered from crash damage but do offer a crash replacement discount.
- Tubeless-ready – designed to work excellently with normal clincher tyres and tubes or tubeless tyres. Two layers of Hunt Shield tubeless rim tape fitted.
- H-lock bead-seat up-kicks for easy and secure tubeless installation
- 6061-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy.
- 24mm outer and 19mm inner width ideal for 23-45mm tyre widths
- 28mm deep rounded aero section
- Precision machined rim brake track
- Matt black anodized finish with laser etched graphics for low weight with excellent durability.
- Maximum tyre pressure for this rim is 120psi when used with an inner tube and 100psi when running the wheel set-up tubeless. Please do not exceed the maximum pressure stated on your tyre.
- Front: 24 spokes laced radially - Aero triple-butted profile
- Butted 2.0-2.5/1.05-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2.
- Rear: 28 spokes laced 2 cross.
- Asymmetric spoke gauges on rear wheel creates a more stable wheel build.
- Drive side - butted 2.0-2.5/1.05-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2.
- Non-drive side - butted 2.0-2.0/0.95-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2.
- J-Bend for ease of sourcing replacements and flexibility
- Cold drawn from high grade T302 (18/10) stainless steel wire by Sandvik Sweden
- Patented Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement, butted again just before the spoke head providing more durability in high stress area.
- Black stainless treatment
- Brass for anti-corrosion resistance
- Square body for external adjustment and hex head for easy internal adjustment/tensioning.
- 14mm length
- 14 gauge
- Black finish
- Forged and CNC’d 6061-T6 heat treated aluminium alloy body
- 7075-T6 aluminium alloy axles
- Polished anodized black finish with laser graphics
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy freehub body
- Freehub mechanism; 3x3 pawls with super fast 7.5 degree engagement, 3 multi-point pawls with 3 teeth each, individual leaf-pawl springs are strong in poor winter conditions, 48 tooth ratchet ring.
- 9/10/11 speed Shimano/SRAM compatible freehub with Steel Spline Insert freehub body re-enforcement provide excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage to the freehub often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
- or Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed, no Steel Spline Insert required as Campagnolo design has deeper grooves.
- High-grade by TPI.
- Sealed cartridge replaceable units
- Upgraded to LU/LB seals; low-friction sealed on the internal bearing face; double contact sealing on the exposed faces.
- Hunt 4Season polymer cam skewers are durable and light.
- 7075-T6 heat-treated alloy lever and head.
- Cro-moly spindles
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel springs
- Polished anodized black finish with laser graphics
- Front and rear wheels with 2 layers of Shield tubeless tape fitted
- Pair quick-releases
- Tubeless valves
- Cassette spacer for 8/9/10 speed
- Spare of each spoke plus nipples
- Quality control card signed by your wheel builder
Warranty & weight limits
A full 2 years from purchase date warranty is offered to the original purchaser only on all Hunt bike wheels against material or workmanship defects, please click here to read full details. 115kgs is the upper recommended rider weight limit for these wheels. Please include the weight of any luggage in your total rider weight when choosing the correct wheels. We do offer wheels with higher weight limits please look for the SUPER DURA models in our range. If a rider using these wheels is over 95Kgs then an experienced bike mechanic should check the wheel regularly and it is advisable to use minimum 25 mm tyres at max 100psi as this will reduce the fatigue on the wheelset. We are cyclists ourselves and do of course go above and beyond to offer excellent service if you ever do experience any issues. We carry full spares at very reasonable prices and offer complete support.
HUNT | The Chase Is On.
You ride every chance you get, you push on through wind and rain, your time and money must deliver results. We are honoured to create the best wheels for you.
- Tubeless-ready | Lower pressures and great puncture protection. Our wheels work excellently with standard clincher tyres & tubes too
- Designed with purpose | We don't spec down to a price point we create the best wheels for each type of riding
Open the gap in the corners | Enhanced grip; wide rims for broad road contact with lower-rolling resistance
String out the pack on the flat | Rounded profile aero rims, super smooth precision bearings.
Break-away on the climbs | Impressively low weights
We have to reserve the right to alter specification when necessary but of course your can return any product within our 60 day satisfaction period even if you have used it as long as it's not been damaged due to an accident.