Race-ready, wide, performance alloy wheelset, with our fast-engagement SPRINT hubs for maximum power transfer.
£449 Pair | £89 Deposit pre-order option, refundable.
Don't miss out: PRE-ORDER NOW FOR DELIVERY NOVEMBER WEEK 4.
Our wheels are in high demand due to their superior specifications and excellent reviews. Please be aware that we are working hard to meet demand. Unfortunately sales often outstrip supply, so please order now to avoid disappointment.
Reserve your wheels now. Use the drop-down menu above to choose the deposit option. We'll contact you when the wheels arrive for balance payment. Please enter your phone number in the checkout. Pre-ordered wheels will be held in stock for 7 days after the above delivery date, after which point, any orders not fully paid will be made available to other customers. Your deposit is fully refundable if you change your mind prior to dispatch or up to 7 days after delivery, subject to product return.
Tubeless Tyre Fitting Option
Schwalbe One Pro Tubeless Road Tyres 23, 25 or 28c, are incredibly fast and light and can be fitted for £99. SRP per pair is £134, we fit them and include the sealant saving you the effort and £35.
The Hutchinson Sector 28 tyres are also worth considering as a great winter/durable option. The Sector 28s were designed for the cobblestones of Paris-Roubaix, and won BEST-IN-TEST in a Cycling Plus Magazine tyres review.
If you would like tyres fitting, please add them to your basket and we'll ensure they are fitted prior to dispatch. Please CLICK HERE to see our range of tyres.
'The Chase' is in The Details
We've pushed the boundaries here and added even more width and depth for extra grip, low aero drag and low rolling resistance advantage. This is a 24mm wide (external) and 31mm deep rounded profile rim, made from an enriched HFR (High Fatigue Resistance) Alloy+ that builds into an head-turning sub 1500g wheelset. HFR Alloy+ is a proprietary material developed by our rim supplier, and uses an advanced heat-treatment process. The process delivers outstanding weight, stiffness and durability. The result is that rims can be wider for 25 and 28c tyres, deeper for better aero performance, and yet remain super-light for excellent climbing and acceleration.
Spokes are a very important part of the equation and we have gone to town choosing the top-of-the-range Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement (PSR) XTRA models. These butted blade spokes are lighter, but also provide a greater degree of elasticity. This maintains spoke tensions for longer, and adds fatigue resistance. PSR spokes feature the wider 2.2 width at the spoke head, providing more material in this high stress area. To accompany these high-end spokes, we selected lightweight 14mm aluminium anodized nipples. As well as the standard square body, we chose nipples with a hex head so you can achieve precise tensioning. Combining these components well is key, and all Hunt wheels are hand-built and tensioned by craftspeople who work in pairs to check and finish each other’s work.
Precision machined straight pull hubs and spokes add strength and enhance power transfer meaning all your force pushes you forwards. Large 15mm diameter hub axles for sprinting and out-of-saddle climbing responsiveness. Circular dropout interface steps add extra stiffness.
Freehub mechanism specifically for high forces such as sprinting featuring 3 multi-point pawls with 3 teeth each and a 48 tooth ratchet ring. The result an impressively low 7.5 degree engagement angle, and excellent resistance to wear under heavy loads. The HUNT Sprint freehub also features strong individual leaf pawl springs, which engage quicker still, owing to their higher rebound rate. The 3 individual springs also allow back-up redundancy compared to single spring systems. One thing to note is that individual leaf spring pawls are a bit louder than circular spring set-ups, but we think that is the right decision to make for this type of wheelset. As you can probably tell, durability is a key theme for HUNT wheels, as time and money you spend fixing is time and money you can’t spend riding or upgrading your bikes! This is especially important for a race wheelset you use regularly in harsh conditions. As a result, all our freehub bodies also have Steel Spline Insert re-enforcements to provide excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
Bearings are the heart of any wheel and investing in them makes huge sense. We use high-grade precision sealed cartridge bearings by Japanese experts EZO, and this wheelset even has low-friction seals to further reduce rolling resistance.
At HUNT, we enjoy the puncture resistance and grip benefits of tubeless on our every-day rides so we wanted to allow our customers the same option. Of course, all of our tubeless-ready wheels are designed to work perfectly with clincher tyres and inner tubes too.
The little details matter, the HUNT Race Season quick-release skewers use brass for the cam, which has self lubricating properties. We have also upgraded to stainless steel springs in order to prevent rusting.
The consequence of the fanatic attention to detail, is a very low 1497g wheelset weight, especially for this aero depth and width combination. These wheels deliver your potential and then some. Go on, push even harder, they will reward you.
For You Tech Gurus
- HFR Alloy+ rims constructed using a unique heat-treatment process, delivering far higher fatigue resistance than standard 6061-T6
- Tubeless-ready – designed to work excellently with normal clincher tyres and tubes or tubeless tyres. Pre-fitted with two layers of HUNT tubeless rim tape. The first, a supple Cream Shield layer to ensure a good seal, followed by a Bronze Shield layer to ensure integrity and durability
- 24mm outer and 19mm inner width
- 31mm deep rounded aero section
- Precision machined braking track
- High-polished aluminium finish, with matt white heated decals for excellent durability
- Maximum tyre pressure for this rim is 120psi when used with an inner tube and 100psi when running the wheel set-up tubeless. Please do not exceed the maximum pressure stated on your tyre
- Front: 20 spokes laced radially - Aero triple-butted profile
- Butted 2.0-2.0/0.95-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2
- Rear: 24 spokes laced 2 cross
- Asymmetric spoke gauges on rear wheel creates a more stable wheel build
- Drive side - butted 2.0-2.2/0.95-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2
Non-drive side - butted 2.0-2.0/0.95-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2
- Straight-pull for excellent torsional strength and direct power transfer
- Cold drawn from high grade T302 (18/10) stainless steel wire by Sandvik Sweden
- Patented Pillar spoke re-enforcement, butted again just before the spoke head, providing more durability in high-stress area
- Silver stainless treatment
- Alloy square body for external adjustment, and hex head for easy internal adjustment/tensioning (hex/square spoke key included)
- 14mm length for a strong connection to the spoke
- 14 gauge
- Silver anodized finish
- Forged and CNC’d 6061-T6 heat treated aluminium alloy body
- 7075-T6 aluminium alloy axles
- Polished silver finish with laser graphics
- Circular machined dropout interface steps for added stiffness
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy freehub body
- 3x treble-tooth pawl engagement for instant acceleration
- Choice of freehubs:
- Shimano/SRAM 8/9/10/11 speed. Freehub with Steel Spline Insert freehub body re-enforcement provide excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage to the freehub often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies
- Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed. No Steel Spline Insert required as Campagnolo design has deeper grooves
- High-grade by EZO Japan
- Sealed cartridge replaceable units
- Upgraded to low-friction seals to further reduce rolling resistance
- Hunt Super-light Race Season design, only 33g front and 37g rear
- 7075-T6 heat-treated alloy lever, head and nut
- Brass cam plate actuation
- 1000kgf tested high-strength cro-moly spindles
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel springs
- Polished silver finish with laser graphics
In the Box
- Front wheel and rear wheel with 2 layers tubeless tape fitted
- Pair quick-releases
- Tubeless valves
- Cassette spacer for 8/9/10 speed
- Pillar spoke key for hex and square fitment
- Hunt aero spoke holder - anti-scuff coated steel
- Spare of each spoke plus nipples
- Quality control card signed by your wheel-builder
Warranty, HUNT Rolling-Road Tests & Weight Limits
A full 2 years warranty from purchase date is offered to the original purchaser only on all HUNT bike wheels against material or workmanship defects, please click here to read full details.
All HUNT wheels models have to pass our harsh cobbled-rolling-road tests for rider weight limits, please see here for more details. 95kgs is the upper recommended rider weight limit for these wheels. Please include the weight of any luggage in your total rider weight when choosing the correct wheels. If a rider is over 85kgs then an experienced bike mechanic should check the wheel regularly and it is advisable to use minimum 25c tyres at max 100psi, as this will reduce the fatigue on the wheelset. We are cyclists ourselves, and try to go above and beyond to offer excellent service if you ever do experience any issues. We carry full spares at very reasonable prices and offer complete support.
60 Day Ride & Return Period. We are certain you'll be impressed by the acceleration, low-weight, speed and durability of our wheels. We are cyclists, and as such strive to offer class leading service and support, so that you can buy with confidence. If for any reason you wish to return the wheels for a full refund of your order you can do so up to a full 60 days after you received them whether they have been ridden or not. Please note we cannot offer refunds on wheels that have suffered from crash damage, but do offer a crash replacement discount.
The super-wide, seriously-light, aero-beating 31mm deep road wheelset in a beautiful high-polished aluminium finish.
Find the extra gear at the very last, sprint away from the competition, and look resplendent in the process! You will take the corners faster and tighter than ever before due to the 24mm rim width opening out your tyre profile and providing incredible grip. The wide rim, working with a 25 or 28c tyre, will eat up rough roads allowing you to hold your line and carry your speed. The freehub body on the HUNT Sprint hubs (as used for the 50Carbon Wide Aero) is also upgraded with 48 teeth on the ratchet ring and treble-tooth pawls, providing 7.5 degree engagement. Perfect for when the hammer goes down and you need to accelerate now! The strong individual leaf-sprung pawls are louder than circular spring set-ups, but we think that is the right decision to make for this type of wheelset. Also, stiffness = speed... so we specced large 15mm diameter hub axles for sprinting and out-of-saddle climbing. Ease into them, your mates won’t know it’s the wheels!. Float up the climbs too, thanks to a sub 1500g bench-mark weight, is this even fair?
- Rims | Our HFR Alloy+ rims are constructed using a heat treatment process, delivering far higher fatigue resistance than 6061-T6. High-polished aluminium finish. 31mm deep. 19mm internal and 24mm external width, creating an excellent tyre profile for wide road tyres and cross tyres up to 45c.
- Tyres | Designed with a wide 19mm rim bed to create a wider tyre profile. Great with 700x23c tyres but ideal for 25c, 28c and cross tyres. Tyres not included.
- Hubs | Race Season SPRINT straight-pull, 15mm diameter 7075-T6 axle. Circular dropout interface steps for added stiffness. 3x treble-tooth pawl engagement for instant acceleration. Engagement angle of just 7.5 degrees. Steel spline insert to protect cassette body.
- Spokes | 20F/24R Pillar (PSR) XTRA straight pull
- Nipples | 14mm alloy hex-head, square body.
- QR | Hunt Race Season super-light with heat-treated alloy/brass cam plate actuation and stainless steel springs.
- Weight | 1497g (rims, hubs spokes and nipples)
HUNT | The Chase Is On.
You ride every chance you get, you push on through wind and rain, your time and money must deliver results. We are honoured to create the best wheels for you.
- Tubeless-Ready | Lower pressures and great puncture protection. Our wheels work excellently with standard clincher tyres & tubes too
- Designed with purpose | We don't spec down to a price point, but instead create the best wheels for each type of riding
- Open the gap in the corners | Enhanced grip; wide rims for broad road contact and lower-rolling resistance
- String out the pack on the flat | Rounded profile aero rims, super smooth precision bearings by EZO Japan
- Break away on the climbs | Impressively low weights
We reserve the right to alter specification when necessary, but of course your can return any product within our 60 day satisfaction period. This is even if you have used the product, as long as it's not been damaged due to an accident.