The ‘Hunt’ for a wide, super-light aero road wheelset
£379 Pair | £69 Deposit pre-order option, refundable.
A road wheelset that is responsive, aero and incredibly light.
Hit the long climbs fast, push out of the saddle, attack the corners and lead the club-run pack on the flat. If these are your aims then the incredibly light Hunt Race Aero is designed specifically to maximize your riding performance. The upgraded straight pull hubs and spokes reduce weight, add strength and respond instantly to your accelerations.
Please don't miss out: Pre-order now for delivery May Week 5.
Our wheels are in high demand due to their unique superior specifications and excellent reviews. Please be aware that we are working hard to meet demand. Our production time is 4 months hence unfortunately sales often outstrip supply, so please order now to avoid disappointment.
Reserve your wheels now. Use the drop-down menu above to choose the deposit option. We'll contact you when the wheels arrive for balance payment. Please enter your phone number in the checkout. Pre-ordered wheels will be held in stock for 7 days after the above delivery date, after which point, any orders not fully paid will be made available to other customers. Deposit is fully refundable if you change your mind prior to dispatch or up to 7 days after delivery, subject to product return.
Cycling Plus BEST IN TEST 10/10 "Pick up is fast through the steel-reinforced freehub and they spin up to speed quickly and effortlessly".
Giro di Lento "Out on the road, the Hunt wheels feel responsive, lively, comfortable and light – exactly what I’d hoped"
Rims | 6061-T6 Heat treated. 27mm deep semi-aero. 18 internal and 23 external mm width.
Tyres | Designed with a wide 18mm rim bed to create a wider tyre profile. Great with 700x23mm tyres but ideal for 25, 28 and cross tyres up to 45c. Tyres not included.
Hubs | Hunt Race straight-pull super-light QR 6061-T6, 7075-T6 axle and freehub. Steel spline insert.
Spokes | 20F/24R Pillar PSRXTRA Aero super-light straight pull
Nipples | 14mm alloy hex-head, square body.
QR | Hunt Race Season super-light with heat-treated alloy/brass cam plate actuation and stainless steel springs.
Weight | 1440g (rims, hubs spokes and nipples)
Schwalbe One Pro Tubeless Road Tyres 23, 25 or 28mm can be fitted for £99. SRP per pair is £134, we fit them and include the sealant saving you the effort and £25. If you would like tyres fitting please add them to your basket and we ensure they are fitted prior to dispatch. Please CLICK HERE to see our range of tyres.
High-performance technology that will deliver you to the finish every time. A strong and super-lightweight 6061-T6 heat-treated rim features an aero rounded profile 27mm deep and wide at 23mm (18mm internal) for a great tyre profile with wider 25-32mm tyres, giving excellent grip and lower rolling resistance.
Precision machined straight pull hubs and spokes add strength and enhance power transfer meaning all your force pushes you forwards.
Spokes are a very important part of the equation and we have gone to town choosing the top-of-the-range Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement (PSR) XTRA models. These butted blade spokes are lighter but also provide a greater degree of elasticity to maintain spoke tensions longer and add fatigue resistance. PSR spokes feature the wider 2.2 width at the spoke head providing more material in this high stress area. To accompany these high-end spokes we selected aluminium anodized nipples which are lightweight and yet are long at 14mm for strength. As well as the standard square body we chose nipples with a hex head so you can achieve precise tensioning. Combining these components well is key and all Hunt wheels are hand-built and then tensioned by craftspeople who work in pairs to check and finish each other’s work.
Bearings are the heart of any wheel and investing in them makes huge sense. We use high-grade precision smooth rolling sealed cartridge bearings by Japanese bearing experts EZO and this wheelset even has three of the rear hub bearings upgraded to S&S LU/LB seals which are low-friction sealed on the internal bearing face to further reduce rolling resistance and increase your speed whilst maintaining excellent sealing on the exposed faces. Durability is a theme for Hunt wheels as time and money you spend fixing is time and money you can’t spend riding or upgrading your bikes. As a result all our freehub bodies have Steel Spline Insert re-enforcements to provide excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
At Hunt we enjoy the puncture resistance and grip benefits of tubeless on our every-day rides so we wanted to allow our customers the same option, but of course all our tubeless-ready wheels are also designed to work perfectly with clincher tyres and inner tubes.
The little details matter, the Hunt Race Season quick-release skewers use brass for the cam which has self lubricating properties and we have even upgraded to stainless steel springs so they don’t rust.
The consequence of the fanatical attention to detail is an outstandingly light 1440 gram wheelset weight. We can't promise you'll be the next Quintana but you will seriously notice the climbing and acceleration prowess of the Race Aero wheelset, don't tell your ride mates your secret.
60 Day Ride & Return Period. We are certain you'll be impressed by the acceleration, low-weight, speed and durability of our wheels. We are cyclists and as such strive to offer class leading service and support. Buy with confidence, if for any reason you wish to return the wheels for a full refund of your order you can do so up to a full 60 days after you received them whether they have been ridden or not. Please note we cannot offer refunds on wheels that have suffered from crash damage but do offer a crash replacement discount.
- Tubeless-ready – designed to work excellently with normal clincher tyres and tubes or tubeless tyres. Two layers of Hunt Bronze Shield tubeless rim tape fitted.
- 6061-T6 super-light heat-treated aluminium alloy.
- 23mm outer and 18mm inner width ideal for 23-34mm tyre widths
- 27mm deep rounded aero section
- Precision machined rim brake track
- Matt black anodized finish with matt white heated decals for excellent durability
- Maximum tyre pressure for this rim is 120psi when used with an inner tube and 100psi when running the wheel set-up tubeless. Please do not exceed the maximum pressure stated on your tyre.
- Front: 20 spokes laced radially - Aero triple-butted profile
- Butted 2.0-2.0/0.95-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2.
- Rear: 24 spokes laced 2 cross.
- Butted 2.0-2.0/0.95-2.0 then PSR section is 2.2.
- Straight-pull for excellent torsional strength and direct power transfer
- Cold drawn from high grade T302 (18/10) stainless steel wire by Sandvik Sweden
- Patented Pillar Spoke Re-enforcement, butted again just before the spoke head providing more durability in high stress area.
- Black stainless treatment
- Alloy square body for external adjustment and hex head for easy internal adjustment/tensioning. Hex/square spoke key included.
- 14mm length for a strong connection to the spoke.
- 14 gauge
- Black anodized finish
- Forged and CNC’d 6061-T6 heat treated aluminium alloy body
- 7075-T6 aluminium alloy axles
- Polished anodized black finish with laser graphics
- 7075-T6 heat-treated aluminium alloy freehub body
- 4 pawl, 28 tooth engagement
- 9/10/11 speed Shimano/SRAM compatible freehub with Steel Spline Insert freehub body re-enforcement provide excellent durability against cassette sprocket damage to the freehub often seen on standard alloy freehub bodies.
- or Campagnolo 9/10/11 speed, no Steel Spline Insert required as Campagnolo design has deeper grooves.
- High-grade by EZO Japan and S&S
- Sealed cartridge replaceable units.
- Rear hub upgraded to even faster rolling S&S LU/LB low-friction sealed internal face, dual sealed external face bearings.
- Incredibly fast rolling
- Hunt Super-light Race Season design, only 33g front and 37g rear
- 7075-T6 heat-treated alloy lever, head and nut
- Brass cam plate actuation.
- 1000kgf tested high-strength cro-moly spindles
- Corrosion resistant stainless steel springs
- Polished anodized black finish with laser graphics
- Front wheel and Rear Wheels with 2 layers Bronze Shield tubeless tape fitted
- Pair quick-releases
- Tubeless valves
- Cassette spacer for 8/9/10 speed
- Pillar spoke key for hex and square fitment
- Hunt aero spoke holder - anti-scuff coated steel
- Spare of each spoke plus nipples
- Quality control card signed by your wheel builder
Warranty & weight limits
A full 2 years from purchase date warranty is offered to the original purchaser only on all Hunt bike wheels against material or workmanship defects, please click here to read full details. 95kgs is the upper recommended rider weight limit for these wheels. Please include the weight of any luggage in your total rider weight when choosing the correct wheels. We do offer wheels with higher weight limits please look for the DURA and GRAVEL models in our range. If a rider using these wheels is over 85Kgs then an experienced bike mechanic should check the wheel regularly and it is advisable to use minimum 25 mm tyres at max 100psi as this will reduce the fatigue on the wheelset. We are cyclists ourselves and do of course go above and beyond to offer excellent service if you ever do experience any issues. We carry full spares at very reasonable prices and offer complete support.
HUNT | The Chase Is On.
You ride every chance you get, you push on through wind and rain, your time and money must deliver results. We are honoured to create the best wheels for you.
- Tubeless-ready | Lower pressures and great puncture protection. Our wheels work excellently with standard clincher tyres & tubes too
- Designed with purpose | We don't spec down to a price point we create the best wheels for each type of riding
Open the gap in the corners | Enhanced grip; wide rims for broad road contact with lower-rolling resistance
String out the pack on the flat | Rounded profile aero rims, super smooth precision bearings by EZO Japan
Break-away on the climbs | Impressively low weights
We have to reserve the right to alter specification when necessary but of course your can return any product within our 60 day satisfaction period even if you have used it as long as it's not been damaged due to an accident.